Welcome to the "Careers" section of our website. I hope this will help you to easily access information regarding all aspects of careers education, information, advice and guidance.
CEIAG is crucial to make sure students have an effective transition into adulthood and employment. Our Academy will provide a range of opportunities for students to perform both independent and guided research linked to the world of work, including the skills required for their chosen pathway. This will help young people make decisions and manage transitions as learners and workers. It is vital that all 11-18 year olds have the knowledge and skills they need to make informed choices. Thorp Academy is committed to providing a high quality CEIAG programme for all students.
Our strategy is designed to link the world of learning to the world of work and to bring about more rapid transformation in young people's skills, qualifications and employability.
Our mission is to ensure we have a whole-school approach to CEIAG which is valued by all staff as a key to success. We aim to place students in control of their career path, and grow the local economy by raising aspiration, improving attitude and increasing achievement.
Our vision is to:
- Provide impartial careers education, information, advice and guidance for all students.
- Contribute to strategies for raising achievement and aspirations.
- Support students to make choices that promote engagement at different transition points.
- Support equal opportunities, inclusion and challenge stereotyping.
- Contribute to the economic wellbeing of individuals and communities.
- Develop student's employability skills and knowledge.